Welcome to the first edition of my weekly workouts!
Every week I'll be posting some fun (if you think sweat is "fun" like me) exercises or routines that you can do on your own!
I'll include links to instructional videos but feel free to reach out to me at any time with questions! I can be reached in the comments or via email: julie <at> besimplystrong.com.
Let's get started!
- Warm-up: foam roll or light cardio for 5-10 minutes
- Complete each of the exercises listed below in order.
- If you need an easier version of the exercise listed, do the modification that is given.
- The first time through, do 10 reps of each.
- Mountain Climbers: 10 each leg
- Lunges: 10 each leg
- Modification: on your knees
- Squat Jumps
- Modification: regular squats
- Side Plank Reach: 10 each side
- Modification: bottom knee on the ground
- Bicycle Crunches: elbow to knee on both sides is 1 rep
- Modification: skip the jump
- Modification: regular crunches
- Kettlebell swings (you can use a dumbbell instead)
- Triceps Dips
- You will then repeat, doing 9 reps of each, then 8 reps of each, then 7 reps, then 6 reps... and done!
- Cool-down: be sure to take your time recovering and walking around before sitting down. Do some static stretching, covering all of the major muscle groups.