Time to sweat!
Remember how we're keeping it basic this month? It doesn't get much more simple than this one!
- Walk for 60 minutes at an easy/moderate pace
- Outside or inside on the treadmill
- This should be enjoyable... walk with a friend or listen to an audiobook!
- Hill Sprints: 5 minutes
- Find a hill or set the treadmill to a comfortably difficult incline
- Sprint up the hill! This should take 30 seconds or less
- Recover by walking down or jogging easily.
- Catch your breath and then go again! Continue this pattern for the 5 minutes
- This should not be enjoyable... :)
- Catch your breath, walk around, and stretch!
- A "sprint" for you is not the same as a "sprint" for a track athlete. It just means you run as hard as you can without hurting yourself.
- The hill also doesn't have to be very steep for it to be effective.
- WORK WITHIN YOUR INDIVIDUAL LEVEL OF RECOVERY!
The summer daylight is on your side... get outside!