A Growth Mindset is characterized by:
- a desire to learn and grow and embrace challenges
- persistence in the face of setbacks
- a view of effort as the path to improvement
- a tendency to find lessons and inspiration in the success of others
A Fixed Mindset is characterized by:
- a deterministic view of the world - the belief that (for example) health and fitness are determined by one's genes
- an avoidance of challenges
- giving up easily
- a view of effort as pointless
- a tendency to feel threatened by the success of others
Which are you?
If you have a growth mindset, is there anything you can't do or accomplish?